May 2008 – Present
Film & Video Professional
Since graduating with honors from Columbia College in 2008, I have served in many aspects of filmmaking, focusing primarily on editing and cinematography. I have also worked as a writer, producer, camera assistant, gaffer, grip and electrician. I have worked on narrative films, commercials, music videos, trailers, promotional videos, instructional videos and more. My responsibilities have included, but are not limited to:
• Creation of videos from concept to completion, including writing, shooting, editing and sound design
• Working as a department head to lead a team of individuals on set
• Working closely with directors and producers on editing, color correction, sound design and music
• Compression and delivery of web-based, on-air television and DVD/Blu-ray projects
• Photo and graphics creation and manipulation using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• 2D title graphic creation using Adobe After Effects
• Previsualization of shots, including storyboards, overhead diagrams, and detailed shot lists
• Planning and execution of complex lighting set-ups and shot compositions
• Working as a producer to organize and coordinate resources and cast/crew members
January 2010 – Present
Jesse Bob Harper Productions
Director of Photography, Editor & Web Designer
• Plan and execute shots and lighting set-ups including interviews, b-roll, and live-events for various corporate, commercial and industrial projects.
• Maintain and troubleshoot equipment and advise on the purchase of new equipment.
• Responsible for editing, compression and delivery for web-based and DVD distribution, as well as photo and graphics creation and manipulation using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Responsible designing, creating and updating client websites.
September 2011 – Present
Red Star Pictures
• Serve as Lighting Director for the White House Communication Agency for presidential speeches, coordinating with audio, staging, and White House personnel to create distinct and extensive HMI lighting set-ups.
• Work as a gaffer, grip or electric on commercial and corporate shoots involving lighting set-ups for interviews.
• Advise on the purchase of new camera equipment and accessories.
September 2004 – May 2007
Love & Valor, Historical Documentary
Camera Operator, Editor
• Was responsible for acquiring narrative shots, as well as b-roll and stock footage for use in the film.
• Acted as Editor, including logging, data management, video editing, photo manipulation, and motion graphics.
September 2006 – 2008
• Assisted in rental procedures of all advanced camera equipment for the college.
• Evaluated and troubleshot problems with equipment, made minor repairs, and worked with retail and repair professionals and companies in order to acquire or repair equipment.
January 2005 – 2006
Scott Duncan Films
Iowa City, IA
• Edited short pieces for either director’s review of raw materials, or as cut-downs of longer pieces, used as part of his reel and as part of project pitches to companies.
• Managed tape, film stock and electronic inventory, including converting analog to digital.
2004 – 2005
Student Video Productions, The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA
• Trained students in the proper use of software, camera and lighting equipment.
• Repaired equipment and coordinated equipment repair by outside sources.
2002 – 2003
Cedar Rapids, IA
Graphic Design Intern
• Graphic Designer for Grand Champions® model toy horses and Girls Toys product lines.
• Developed packaging and catalog layout and design and assisted with website design.
• Assisted with photography shoots for packaging, catalogs and advertising.